LAST UDPATE: Update 1.2.6
This is a PvP build for the Powertech. It is a hybrid between the Shield Tech and Advanced Prototype specialization trees.
Primary Focus: Shield Tech
Secondary Focus: Advanced Prototype
Goal: This build is about movement, interrupts, damage mitigation, and our favorite: Rocket Punch. This build incorporates Jet Charge, while taking both damage mitigation talents for a total of 9% damage mitigation while Ion Gas Cylinder is active. This build uses some shield-activated talents, but does not stack shield-chance itself, due to only being able to shield half of the damage types. Rocket Punch is buffed with a proc-based cooldown-reset, a boost to crit chance and damage, and a boost to direct damage.
All points allocated are the maximum allowed for each ability, unless otherwise noted.
Well, season 1 is coming to a close soon (April 8th), and when it does, it will grant rewards to tiers of players on the leaderboards! I want to look back at the season and talk about what is good and bad about it, no holds barred. Here we go! Read more…
Just thought I would write up a quick list of things that veteran SWTOR players know. Here are twelve of my favorites (note: heavy sarcasm below).
- It is pronounced “swoh-tor” or “swuh-tor.”
- To win PvP, all you have to do is: pass, get ahead for passes, cap, stop caps, call inc, and KILL THE FREAKIN’ HEALER‼‼‼
- The Legacy System was once just an experience bar.
- “The game died a week after launch”
- Watch it the first time, spacebar after that
- PvP gear isn’t hard to get anymore
- Ilum was still fun.
- The Cartel Market is in fact really Ebenezer Scrooge. Two words: Life Day…
- The Rakghoul event was in fact one of the best pieces of content in any MMO ever.
- There are really three server names for your character. Your first server, your transferred server, and your mega-server (where you now reside). For example, I am from Lord Praven/Drooga’s Pleasure Barge/The Harbinger.
- Darth Malgus makes a good paperweight.
- Powertechs used to be scary.
EDIT: Had to fix number 10…it got lost halfway through…
Notes for video below:
Here is a photojournal of all of my fun this last 6 months in SWTOR. Read more…